Title: Presentation by Donald Cleary at Animal Care Expo
Location: Orlando, FL
Description: Understanding the Pit Bull Placebo: How to Break the Cycle of Discrimination
Regulating dogs by breed or appearance, whether in shelters or in our communities, destroys the human-canine bond. Learn the history of canine discrimination, how it has led to the current demonization of dogs called pit bulls, and what can be done to break the cycle of discrimination. Take away practical steps to hold shelters, rescues and pet owners to a higher standard of accountability and care for all dogs.
Subscribe to the NCRC Blog
Powered by WPNewsman
Recent NCRC Blog Posts
- Animal professionals shown to disagree with each other when assigning breed(s) to dogs of unknown parentage.
- Swedish study found no link between modern breeds and their traditional work
- NCRC Video Interview with Janis Bradley
- Maryland legislature unanimous in support of breed-neutral liability, divided over terms of bill to abrogate Tracey v Solesky ruling
- Study underscores that we can only learn what dogs are capable of from capable dogs.
NCRC Blog Archive
Popular Tags"pit bull" "pit bull" bans ABA Alberta American Bar Association AVMA Baltimore City Breed-specific legislation Breed-specific legislation preemption Breed-specific legislation repeal Breeds of dogs BSL Calgary Canada Canine genetics dog bite-related hospitalizations dog bite injury hospitalizations (DBIH) dog bite prevention dog bite risk dog bite statistics Dog breeds Dog Owner's Liability Act (DOLA) Eotvos Lorand University Family Dog Project Frederick County Human-Canine Bond Injury Prevention Janis Bradley Law Enforcement Resources Manitoba Province Maryland Maryland BSL Maryland Multi-housing Association (MMHA) National Canine Research Council Numbers-needed-to-ban Ohio Ontario Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) Problem of Dog-Related Incidents & Encounters Responsible Pet Ownership Model Selecting a companion dog Strict Liability Tracey v Solesky Visual Breed Identification or ID Winnipeg