Dr. Marder discusses the concept that dogs are individuals and the particular relevance of that concept when selecting a companion dog.
Subscribe to the NCRC Blog
Powered by WPNewsman
Recent NCRC Blog Posts
- Of Mice and Dogs: Their Personalities May Be Up To Us
- Connecticut joins state ranks preempting breed-specific laws
- Nevada law prohibiting BSL signed by the Governor.
- Animal professionals shown to disagree with each other when assigning breed(s) to dogs of unknown parentage.
- Swedish study found no link between modern breeds and their traditional work
NCRC Blog Archive
Popular Tags"pit bull" "pit bull" bans ABA American Bar Association AVMA Baltimore City Breed-specific legislation Breed-specific legislation preemption Breed-specific legislation repeal Breeds of dogs BSL BSL preemption Calgary Canada Canine genetics dog bite-related hospitalizations dog bite prevention dog bite risk dog bite statistics Dog breeds Dog Owner's Liability Act (DOLA) Eotvos Lorand University Family Dog Project Frederick County Human-Canine Bond Injury Prevention Janis Bradley Law Enforcement Resources Manitoba Province Maryland Maryland BSL Maryland Multi-housing Association (MMHA) National Canine Research Council Numbers-needed-to-ban Ohio Ontario Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) Preemption Problem of Dog-Related Incidents & Encounters Responsible Pet Ownership Model Selecting a companion dog Strict Liability Tracey v Solesky Visual Breed Identification or ID Winnipeg