Subscribe to the NCRC Blog
Powered by WPNewsman
Recent NCRC Blog Posts
- Animal professionals shown to disagree with each other when assigning breed(s) to dogs of unknown parentage.
- Swedish study found no link between modern breeds and their traditional work
- NCRC Video Interview with Janis Bradley
- Maryland legislature unanimous in support of breed-neutral liability, divided over terms of bill to abrogate Tracey v Solesky ruling
- Study underscores that we can only learn what dogs are capable of from capable dogs.
NCRC Blog Archive
Popular Tags"pit bull" "pit bull" bans ABA Alberta American Bar Association AVMA Baltimore City Breed-specific legislation Breed-specific legislation preemption Breed-specific legislation repeal Breeds of dogs BSL Calgary Canada Canine genetics dog bite-related hospitalizations dog bite injury hospitalizations (DBIH) dog bite prevention dog bite risk dog bite statistics Dog breeds Dog Owner's Liability Act (DOLA) Eotvos Lorand University Family Dog Project Frederick County Human-Canine Bond Injury Prevention Janis Bradley Law Enforcement Resources Manitoba Province Maryland Maryland BSL Maryland Multi-housing Association (MMHA) National Canine Research Council Numbers-needed-to-ban Ohio Ontario Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) Problem of Dog-Related Incidents & Encounters Responsible Pet Ownership Model Selecting a companion dog Strict Liability Tracey v Solesky Visual Breed Identification or ID Winnipeg
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Title: Legislative Approaches to Creating Safe, Humane CommunitiesLocation: University of Toronto School of Law, Falconer House Solarium, 84 Queen’s Park Cresent WestLink out: Click hereDescription: A panel discussion sponsored by the American Bar Association, TIPS Section, Animal Law Committee, and … Continue reading
Every study completed to date has found breed specific legislation to be completely ineffective in reducing the incidence of dog bites. Now a study of pet dogs in Spain published in The Journal of Veterinary Behavior, offers new insight into … Continue reading